Supplementary Registration of Voters 07th - 15th September 2020
In accordance with Section 38 (1) read together with Section 25 (2) of the Electoral Act, No. 5 of 2014, a Supplementary Registration of Voters (SRV) process must be conducted before any election. The SRV
is aimed at registering persons who qualify to be registered as voters and could not so have registered
during the last registration of voters in respect of which that voters register was prepared.
To register you need proof of identity, age and Namibian citizenship by producing one or a combination of the following documents:
- A Namibian identity document or
- An old Namibian identity document or
- A valid green Namibian passport or
- Namibian Citizenship certificate and sworn
statements by two registered deponents.
- Namibian birth certificate or a birth certificate of any other country and a sworn statement under oath in which the applicant affirms that he/she is a Namibian Citizen and has not renounced his/ her Namibian Citizenship as well as statement under oath or affirmation by two registered deponents.
- Valid Namibian Drivers license together with a Namibian Birth Certificate or a Birth Certificate of any other country and a sworn statement under Oath in which the applicant affirm that he/she is a Namibian Citizen and has not renounced his or her Namibian Citizenship.
- View more requirements on how to register as a voter for Regional Council Election
- View the requirements on how to register as a voter for Local Authority Election
The ECN hereby urges all individuals who are eligible to be registered as voters, to please go to the designated supplementary voter registration points.