Invitation to observe the 2019 Presidential and National Assembly Elections
Election observation has become an integral part of the electoral process. It is universally recognized that election observers play an important role in enhancing the transparency, credibility of elections and the acceptance of results.
It is against this background that the Electoral Commission of Namibia (ECN) hereby invites all interested juristic persons and individuals to apply for accreditation to observe the upcoming Presidential and National Assembly Elections. All applications are subject to Section 56 of the Electoral Act. Application forms for accreditation are obtainable from the ECN website or can be collected personally at the Electoral House, No. 67 – 71 Van Rhyn Street Windhoek North or via email from email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
All observer missions are responsible for their own logistical arrangements and no cost will be borne by the Electoral Commission of Namibia.
Interested persons need to meet the following conditions to qualify for accreditation:
- must be able to observe the election process impartially;
- extensive knowledge in electoral matters;
- knowledge on the relevant legislations governing election process;
- previously taken part in an observer mission and submit proof of such observer missions partaken;
- able to observe the polling process in at least a number of constituencies;
- abide by the Code of Conduct for election observers;
- be able to observe the election process through using own financial resources.
Closing date for applications: 18th November 2019
Fast facts on Namibia: www.namibiatourism.com.na