How to register
How do I register?
To vote in any of the elections, you have to be a registered voter. You can register in your respective local authority and constituency and you only have to register once as a voter.
Who can register?
- be a Namibian citizen
- be 18 years old or above and
to register as a voter you need proof of Identity, Age and Namibian Citizenship by producing one of the following documents:
- your valid green passport or New Namibian ID, or Old Namibian ID
or one of the following combinations
- Citizenship Certificate and Old Namibian ID (if you were born outside Nambia)
- Namibian Birth Certificate and New Namibian Driver’s Licence
- Namibian Birth Certificate and two registered deponents
- Proof of Residency
To register to vote in any local authority council election, take along your Telecom or Municipal/Town/Village electricity and water bills to prove that you have lived in that area for 12 consecutive months. Alternatively bring along one person who is a registered voter in that particular local authority area to make a statement under oath that he/she knows that you have lived there for 12 consecutive months.